Thread: Star Citizen
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #731
atb
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
FPS module delays yet again, and when I read stuff like this it makes me doubt if we'll ever see a real full game come out

http://kotaku.com/why-star-citizen-i...ong-1724835913

If they had stuck to the original plan, had half the funding done with crowd-sourcing and the other half through investors, then just created the game with what they had, it would have probably been done by now and probably have been a pretty great game. But with a seemingly endless source of money and no investors or publishers to answer to, there's no pressure on Chris Roberts to stick to any sort of timetable so he keeps bouncing around from one cool new feature to the next. He did a great job of reinvigorating the space sim genre with Star Citizen, but if he doesn't get his head out of the clouds and get the damn game finished then he could get passed by all the other space sims in development right now and no one will care when/if he actually gets SC finished
Yeah, unfortunately he's not making a great case for the future of large budget crowd funded games. It's too bad as this will probably result in a lot of people who contributed to Star Citizen to not contribute to other game projects.
atb is offline   Reply With Quote