View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #17
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
So if you want to play chemistry Kangan water has a Ph of 8.5-9.5 (which is a huge range given its a logarithmic scale). Stomach acid has a Ph of 1.5-3.5.

So you might ask yourself how much of this water would you have to drink to increase the PH of your stomach acid. So assuming a PH of 2 for stomach acid and 9 for water. So PH2 has 10^-2 free H ions and 10^-12 OH ions. PH 9 fluid has 10^-9 H ions and 10^-5 OH molecules. So to say raise the PH of stomach acid to 3 which would still be in the normal range you need to nuleutralize .9*10^-2 H+ ions. Doing this with 10^-5 fluid takes roughly 1000 times the fluid volume.

There is roughly 20ml to 100 ml of acid in your stomach at any one time so you would have to drink between 20 and 100 litres of water to raise the PH of your stomach from 2 to 3. Though raising from three to four would only take 2-10 more litres. This presumes your body doesn't make any more acid.

So have fun drinking that much water.
Thanks for doing the math, it was fairly obvious to me you couldn't drink enough of this to actually effect your stomach pH, let alone your blood. But I was too lazy to check my spelling, let alone do the math.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote