View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 03:50 PM   #891
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I think I'm the other one here that people may be talking about in terms of "cheering against Florida", but for me it wasn't even really gloating or predictions. Just sharing that the way they were winning was really a sustainable model, or something that should try to be emulated, especially since people were like "Look the Panthers are so much smarter than the Flames!".

I think I was actually one of the few that before the Leafs series said that I didn't love the match up for the Leafs and thought Florida could win if they won the goaltending match up, and same thing before the Carolina series.

My point the whole time was that it was very fortunate, and that they were only really winning on the back of unbelievable play from Bobrovsky and timely goals from Tkachuk.

But it was others that were insisting that it was because they were playing so good as a team...even though they were averaging like 2.6 goals per game during the Leafs and Hurricanes series, while also bleeding chances against a bit.

Actually I was the one predicted that they won't get pass Carolina and they are going to get swept, because of the way they played in previous rounds. They won the previous 2 rounds because Boborvsky out performed Ullmark and Samsonov at the same time, Tkachuk scored his timely goals. I thought Carolina, as a team was better than Leafs and their goalie could match Boborvsky, unfortunately I was wrong.