View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 09:04 PM   #399
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Feel free to fact check me but my understanding is that only four agencies believe that it is zoonotical
Yes, and the others don't think they can conclude either way based on the evidence. If the lab leak theory is as much of a slam dunk as that video above would suggest (they basically say that anyone who has been paying attention would come to the conclusion that it started from a lab leak), then why haven't all the agencies come to that conclusion?

Quote:
I'm not trying to convince you it's a lab leak. I'm trying to convince you that a lab leak is a viable, non conspiracy theory that should be discussed without all the jeering and snide comments you often find when it's brought up
You don't have to convince me of that. I wrote this almost 2 years ago in this very thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
The lab theory is absolutely plausible and would explain some missing evidence and the lack of closer relatives of SARS-COV-2 being found in nature. But at the same time, there is absolutely no credible direct evidence behind that theory and no one has suggested that there's any clear evidence of the virus showing signs of manipulation. So what are we left with?
And that's still basically where we are. There's no evidence of manipulation and we have no evidence of a close progenitor being collected and sequenced. Nor is there a very good explanation of how a lab leak would result in two different lineages of SARS-CoV-2 ending up in the wet market (normally that would imply spread occurring among animals for a period of time to generate the mutations).
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote