View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #1569
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that sucked. Grabbed my bike from the shed...front tire flat. Ugh. Quick mental calculation of getting changed, and taking the bus or a 10 minute tube swap...tube swap wins!

But the valve stem was really stuck in the rim, and I ended up puncturing the tube trying to get it out. Which made re-inflating to find the leak really tricky. But I found a very small one, and it looks like a stud had penetrated the casing. Had that issue last year with the back one.

No worries, thanks to I-Hate-Hulse, I knew I had a basically brand new one around somewhere...nope, not in the garage. Go check the shed, nope no where visible. Back to the garage. Nope. Curse level rising...back to the shed. I wouldn't have left it behind the lawn mower, chaise lounge and stack of patio chairs, right? Wrong. Curse level increasing. Just for good measure it was also looped around said stack of chairs. Finally liberate it.

So I get it installed, but the valve stem doesn't go in very far. Whatever, the air pressure will push in through. Air pressure did not push it through. So deflate, pull it out, drill the hole one size larger, and reinstall. Voila! Not so fast. The tire is directional, and in my not-haste, I had, of course, put it on backwards. Curse level at maximum. So deflate, rotate, reinstall.

Ugh. And that's how a 10 minute job turns into a 45 minute one, real quick.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: