View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 07:55 AM   #43
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-WiFi-A...cs&sr=1-5&th=1

The M4 has ethernet backhaul and is $180 for 3 vs $355 for the wifi 6 M9 units. I guess to a certain extent, paying extra to future proof does make sense, but I feel like if you spend $180 now and $180 in 2 years, you'd have units superior to the M9 units produced today due to additional tweaks and whatnot.

Knowing what I know now, I'd go with the M4, unless there was some specific reason that would make it difficult to swap out the units at a later date. But I'd be a little bit of a hypocrite for suggesting that because I spent $430 on two Ubiquiti routers a year and a half ago and I'd go with these again in a heart beat due to the extras in the Ubiquiti vs the Deco I installed at my parents place.
You make some good points and I do like the idea of spending less. At this point the Android boxes are already wired and our kids are small so there isn't a lot of wifi devices eating up bandwidth. I'm mostly just sick of poor wifi coverage with Shaw's garbage modem and have no interest in their $10/month pods.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote