View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 04:12 AM   #300
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
wow, you're the only other person that i've come across who know who they are. so far i'm preferring Desiderata to the new one, though i haven't had time to let it grow on me.
I noticed that they seem to be pretty obscure, one of the reasons I wanted to mention them here. Just not a band you'll easily run into, and they're definitely good enough to earn a little more attention.

And yeah, I think Desiderata is the better one of those two albums too, but it's a bit of a mood thing, Eight Ways is not as dark, it reminds me of Gathering (the Dutch band) somewhat.

I went ahead and ordered the two previous Madder Mortem albums too (All Flesh Is Grass and Deadlands), as some of the tracks seemed really good on YouTube. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Quote:
you might want to check out a couple of other female fronted bands, Ava Inferi and Luna Mortis. both bands have vocalists that aren't your standard soaring female sort
I've heard good things about Ava Inferi, I guess I'll have to check those out once I've gotten my fill of Madder.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote