View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 07:40 PM   #399
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaginla View Post
If you want most money on the resell I would try and sell the parts individually. I see a lot of people trying to shell off their decked out PC's but no one on Kijiji is really looking for that. With the quality of your parts you'll have more luck with builders looking for individual parts imo.

On that note, what's the cable mod PSU? Haha
Thanks for the advice! I figured it might be hard for people to drop a fair bit of money on one computer.

And I knew I forgot something! It's an EVGA 850 P2.

Actually, maybe the community can help me here. I don't want to sell it but I'm having so much trouble with it and I don't know what to do with it other than to sell it hopefully to someone who knows what they're doing (after I RMA a part).

So a few weeks ago I came back from LA, turned my computer on and everything was fine. After about a day it rebooted on its own. I thought it was a Windows update so I ignored it. However, it started happening more and more. No matter what I was doing the thing would just reboot. I could be downloading something, playing a game, browsing the web, watching a TV show or Youtube, staring at the desktop, or just in my BIOS.

I checked the event viewer and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I even set Windows to not reboot in the event of an error and to show me the error message but I got nothing. It was as if someone pulled the plug on the computer.

I contacted EVGA and they sent over another power supply (refurb I assume). I plugged it in and everything was fine for about two weeks and the reboots started to happen. I knew it wasn't Windows (because it rebooted in the BIOS) but I thought, what the hell, let me re-install Windows. It took 5 attempts before I got through the installation process without a reboot.

I contacted EVGA again and they're sending me a new power supply. I don't know if it'll fix the issue and I've tried everything I know (removed parts, removed RAM, unplug/plug things back in). Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? The only thing I can think of next is to replace the motherboard.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote