View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #393
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Not really. It's all in real time via Trade Station which is plenty fast for me. Automated trades are possible for US citizens on TS but not really necessary for me. Algorithmic trading sounds like those flash boys types of high frequency traders but it's not like that. It's really just trading that is governed by a set of rules programmed into a computer and when the market meets those conditions it gives you a trade signal. It doesn't rely on speed of trades. Usually a two minute chart is what I work off of but I'm working on a 30 second chart strategy for the first few minutes of the day. The conditions I look for take several minutes to develop. Some strategies I only enter after the first 52 minutes of the trading day. Some strategies are even for over night holds or swing trades. It's generally the same conditions but different time frames on the charts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
No not at all. It's actually the opposite of speculation. For example, if you "understand the management team" of 1000 different companies, can you tell me how many of those companies will yield successful trades? And what will your average return be? What about your average loss? And what will your risk compared to that return be? Have you tested your reason for buying stocks over a sufficient number of trades to get answers to those questions? Can you formulate those reasons into rules to create a strategy to repeat your results? If not, according to the definition, you are speculating.
Haha, so on one hand you're talking about trading on 30 seconds of info or "maybe even overnight" and then you try to say this isn't speculative? I'm in stitches!

I don't know what kind of information you use to define an investment, but "maybe even overnight" isn't an investment period. I don't know what you're up to, but it's hard to consider that investing.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: