Thread: PlayStation VR
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #34
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
Got this for Christmas and enjoying it so far. The games are almost the same price as regular games so that is a bit odd as they seem to be much less then a regular game.
There are only 3 games priced the same as new games (2 if you buy physical as Robinson is curiously priced on the PSN), 3 in the $50 range, and the rest are all below that. I've purchased wayyyy too many games for this thing, and my average price is about $30. In truth my favourite games have been the cheaper ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny's Moustache View Post
And people whined and cried about the cost of and then wearing lightweight 3D glasses for their TV's.

That looks real comfortable to wear for more than 10 minutes.

VR has some interesting abilities but it's never going to take off as a gaming platform. $810 just to play a 15 minute game. No thanks.
That's because 3D movies weren't worth the hassle, whereas VR gaming absolutely is. I've played for hours on end during single sittings and it's totally fine.

It may never take off as a gaming console, but I'd be surprised if it didn't. These are the first days of VR gaming and the worst it'll ever be... if the games we have now are the first crack at it, in 5 years we'll have games that will be so good it'll be problematic.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post: