View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 01:11 AM   #13961
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Agreed, which is why I tend to give out advice on the board rather frequently.

One of the major problems is that Mr. Computer can only do what he's told and the humans behind him keep getting dumber and dumber.

As for 'blitzing entire industries?'

Lets just say...this is way, way more common than people realize. I've gone through many phases of this kind of targeting.

CRA is not there to work for you. Its an actual conflict between the Government and the populace.

Speaking of which...remember when Trudeau gave CRA $1 Billion to start cracking down on off-shore sheltering schemes? Hows that been working out?
Yup. Tax divisions are one of the only regulatory bodies out there that get to say you're guilty until proven innocent.

And people have to consider the CRA like a business. They're in the business of collecting the most money according to their rules with as little effort as possible to show a higher profit margin.

The CERB complaints mentioned earlier make me chuckle. Halfway through that program, I started believing that a portion of that program was a honey pot trap and CRA might have been using it to figure out which taxpayers to put a target on, and then start to investigate affiliated and related parties and consider putting a target on them too. One CRA puts a target on you once, they will badger you more often than someone who doesn't have a target on them. I haven't heard so many simultaneous anecdotes of the CRA having enough reason and evidence to investigate past the 3 year reassessment limitation than via the use of CERB audits.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: