View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #125
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Hey gang. I’ll be looking to spring for a new TV on / in the run up to Black Friday. Anyone else in the market? Looking for some help and guidance on good deals.

We’re looking for 55” and undecided on the value 4K end of the market (seems to be ~$700) and the higher end OLED end (seems to be in the $2000’s).

Only issue is it probably has to be online since were in Fort McMurray. About the only applicable big box retailer up here is Walmart. Appreciate the help.
I have the 55" LG C9 OLED that I bought from Costco and it's an amazing TV. The only caveats I would give is it will perform better in a dark room, and burnin is a possibility. The blacks are sexy and it does HDR very well even though it doesn't get as bright as LED TVs. It's perfect for gaming with almost no lag.

I got it from Costco. It's about $2200 right now which is a lot less than I paid earlier this year.

I would look back at the posts in this thread from people who bought Vizio TVs. They seem to be the best value and unless you need the features of an OLED (and the drawbacks aren't concerns) that's the way I would go.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote