Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #3517
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
I only got into playing golf like a year ago. Started out with a couple trips to the range and casual games with friends. Picked up a very cheap, very old set of second hand clubs to get started with. They're just old beat up clubs and the woods are made of actual wood. Good enough for me as a beginner where my way of marking personal bests is the number of balls lost in a round. I've had many frustrating days where I just can't seem to hit the ball right, or maybe I hit one decent shot and follow it up with 2 or 3 shanks. A few times I've given up during a round out of pure frustration. But lately over the NZ winter I've found myself at the local course more and more, seeing slow and slight improvements in my game, and most of all I'm enjoying it every time I'm out there.

So now that it's spring, I treated myself to a proper driver. I went to this golf centre in Christchurch where they let you try out clubs at the driving range before buying (and this was AWESOME!) and came away with a Callaway XR16. It's a beauty, I love the sound it makes when I hit it off the tee. I can't believe the difference between this new club vs my old beaters. I played a round today and I was consistently driving around 200m (often to the correct fairway!), something I almost never did with my old driver. Ended the day with a personal best 116 (strokes, not balls lost) and I can't wait until my next day out!
I love hearing these stories. I've probably been to the driving range you went too in CHCH, as my gf's parents are from the area.

When I go there I play Russley GC or Pegasus. Both are great tracks.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rutuu For This Useful Post: