View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 09:10 AM   #5
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have less interest in this season compared to last for obvious reasons. Though in this case what I'm hoping happens is guys develop and play hard as a team. Basketball tends to be about the superstar, and while they don't have it this year it's such an important year going forward to find out who you keep and who gets dealt for the future. So in that way I hope a guy like Powell rebounds to what his potential once was. So from a hope perspective, I don't have much that they can win the championship, but I would like to see them go to the third round with this team. That would be an accomplishment.

As for aiming for the FA class next year, I don't think most teams plan for that. There are too many risks in banking on your strategy for any given player wanting to go to your team. The odds tend to be severely stacked against you unless you're in a traditionally large market. So I don't think Masai is banking on that route, though Giannis and Siakam would be very cool to have as your front court.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote