View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #21
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebug View Post
Don't you think they could make more money by treating the seriously ill people instead? Why does the government fund vaccine programs... because it is cheaper than treating sick people.
Not if the actual risk of getting sick is overhyped and actually pretty small to begin with. In that type of situation, a vaccine program would be more profitable. I am not against vaccines in general. I just don't think they are always necessary. People have a right to do whatever they want. I have nothing against people getting vaccinated if that is what they want. I was vaccinated for H1N1 myself. If people don't want to be vaccinated or have their kids vaccinated, that is their choice... no need to get all preachy on them.

Quote:
Based upon what evidence? I don't doubt that people 'can' react or get sick from a vaccination, but do you have any understanding of the frequency or severity of these issues?
You basically asked me for evidence and then made the same claim. People can have adverse reactions to vaccines. It's well documented and I am not going to the research for you. The frequency is not the issue if the vaccines program in question is unecessary to begin with. In that case, any frequency is too high.

Quote:
Furthermore, what is your understanding of the body's immune system? Do you understand what an antigen or an antibody is, or how immune responses are triggered? Most of the 'fears' can be resolved by better understanding of how our bodies actually work.
I do, but thanks for asking.