View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #43
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Great thread! I love red wine and drink it regularly, so many great wines out there and the truth is that you don't need to spend a lot of money in order to get a great wine. One of the biggest lies in the business is that really expensive wines taste better which can be false a lot of the time.

Here are some tips that I use when looking for wine.

1) If you give wine as a gift when going to an event like a birthday or someone's home, I always recommend looking for some good wine that you like and buying a case or two when it goes on LTO (limited time offer, its code in the booze business) It saves multiple trips to the liquor store and you can give a nicer bottle for less.

2) I really recommend Costco for wine and I really love their in house Kirkland label. Costco is the #1 wine purchaser in the world so when they go to a vineyard or a supplier and ask them to send them X amount of cases, you know you will get a great quality wine at a great price. The Kirkland signature series is the higher level wine and is excellent value and Costco never marks up their product more than 14%. A $30 Costco branded wine could easily be $50 at a regular liquor store for similar quality. If your having people over, educate them a bit. There should be no reason to have "label fear" At the end of the day it's a beverage made with grapes!

3) If you travel to the US frequently I always recommend bringing back wine, especially the higher priced stuff as the savings can be great when compared to Alberta prices.

Enjoy the vino everyone!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post: