View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #501
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Maybe. Look at Verlander and Cole’s numbers in the league with the DH though. They pitched poorly in all Houston games and the pitchers you referenced really silenced Houston’s bats.

How we get to hear about the incredible toughness and resiliency of Scherzer for next 24 hours.

I believe the Astros are a truly great team. We will see what they are made of now.
Looks like you will be seeing it all tonight!

The worst part was the traffic and parking of course. Fans were pretty family oriented. I was surprised, I thought it would be mostly corporate and fewer local fans.. but I guess I was thinking it would be more of a ‘superbowl’ ’ crowd for some reason, which was dumb of me. It was a cool experience but my guy hasn’t slept a wink and I am pretty sure he burned what he wore last night out in the trash pile, but I don’t want to ask..lol

That Altuve is such a class act, just incredible. He’s a regular joe and so kind to everyone, including the kids. All of the Astros seem very gracious as during the year they do so much locally for sick kids- some of the stories had me bawling!

Best part tho- Altuve just running up to fans signing autographs like he always does, and smiling and fussing over the kids. He is my favourite player in MLB history. He’s so tiny!! Lol

Have a great time no matter the score!

Ps. I was shocked they got the local Beaumont country dude for the anthem but everyone seemed to love him! I wanted someone big, like Beyoncé LOL- she’s from Houston!

Last edited by BigBrodieFan; 10-30-2019 at 09:58 AM.
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBrodieFan For This Useful Post: