View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #87
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
You suggest I am missing some point and then you believe it works like this:
1. settle on cap hit
2. Then settle on term

Not a chance.

So they arent settling on cap hit and term?

Then what the hell are they negotiating?

Quote:
Look, I laid out a scenario and asked, given that scenario, what the RFA does You could suspend your disbelief and think it through. I don’t think it was an entirely implausible situation (don’t nitpick about exact numbers, it is the principle)
What he, and his agent, do is not sign a deal if they dont think its fair.SOP on any pro sports business.

Quote:
If I was Tkachuk, and had to choose between a) zero dollars and not playing , or b) a bit less than I want, but playing, I would probably concede to some extent. Because my only other option is throwing away money plus a year of my career where I have a chance to win, by virtue of actually playing .
So in your eyes...the player should sign ANY deal the team gives him then? I mean otherwise he isnt making ANY money....right?

Quote:
You can’t say it is an economic decision that affects him life long so he needs too dollar, and then ignore that threatening to hold out means he is threatening to give up many dollars. You can’t have that both ways

Yes i can...i just did.

Holding out making zero dollars for 3 months or even a season where i would make 7M in an effort to obtain an extra12-16 million over the course of a deal.....seems pretty obvious no?

Quote:
And I acknowledge that no, it’s not good for the team to have a holdout, but it is way more risky for the player. Especially on a team where right now Tkachuk is only among the top 5

We will see what happens.
So he is only a top 5 player on the team now?

That explains a lot.