Thread: The Expanse
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #147
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
No, I know. I just liked how in the books it was almost like submarine warfare. I guess that's hard to translate into drama on television.
There's a fine line between drama and realism that has to be walked by showrunners for sure. I vaguely remember seeing an interview awhile back where they were talking about whether to include sounds and the "pew pew pew" from the PDCs firing in the space combat. They ultimately decided to keep it in for dramatic purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Agreed, so well done but perhaps with the limited budget they had pre Amazon we didn't get the steadily held beauty shots. Expecting that will change now that they've got that sweet Amazon money. Season 5 is gonna have some real jaw-dropping scenes I'm hoping.

Ninja Edit: Agree with your comment above Peter. The long range combat in the books definitely shows how much time combatants have to prepare and react in an engagement. They've definitely sped that part up in the TV show.
Space combat kinda sucking a bit when they don't show things, totally agree for that part. Especially around the last season's big UNN civil war fight where we were forced to watch it play out on a tactical display. That seems like a budget decision than anything else.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post: