View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 09:32 PM   #5
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I still have a hard time understanding why people give such a #### about other people's private lives and their orientations. It just screams insecurity. It's much easier (and fun) to live life being understanding, accepting and optimistic. The LGBTQIA2S+ community is full of awesome people.
I agree and support this statement.

... and now to ask...

That said one of the issues is that these days people have to either be "for" or "against" anything, including this LGB... I think fundamentally that's a problem and causes much strife. What's wrong with simply living your life without having to be a champion of something?

Just because I'm hetero and don't embrace or participate in LBG... lifestyles/events certainly doesn't mean I'm against it - it's simply not my thing. No hate, no drama. But neither should I be vilified for *not* going to pro-LBG... events (marches etc...) or wearing pro-LGB... paraphernalia.

I recently started working with someone who I suspected of being "not-hetero". Later they freely/casually mentioned it (somehow it fit the context of the conversation), and conversation went on as normal. Anyways this person is frickin' awesome.... and it has nothing to do with their orientation. They're just top notch to deal with work-wise and a hoot to chat with. I'd definitely go for beers with them.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: