View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 12:06 AM   #261
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Persona 5 Anime is out, I didn't (and realistically won't) play the game so looking forward to it. I have no idea what's going on yet, but it sure has lots of style.
Glad to hear someone else is jumping on the anime. I wish I could say the production value was better. There are scenes which seem to be getting hurt by the tight animation schedules.

Just some things I think are worth noting:

- The current opening animation is a placeholder and will be replaced starting in episode 4 (most of the art used in it is from previous material released in relation to the game). I assume because the opening animation has some fairly spoiler heavy material in it.

- Things will probably be a bit confusing until episode 5-6. The last time they tried to adapt a Persona game into the television environment, they had the same issue until the first "boss" is defeated.

- The series will likely follow the same pattern as Persona 4's anime: you'll have plot heavy episodes (like the last one) and lighter episodes where they follow the game's "confidants"...basically, they'll have Ren bond with people around him.