View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #26
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Based on that earlier Reddit thread that analyzed the number of season tickets sold per section, I used the member ticket pricing booklet to come up with season ticket revenue for the club so far. What it seems to show so far is as follows:
- A healthy season ticket revenue base that can be built upon with the media deal, walk up sales, concessions and merchandise. The salary cap figure I've heard is $850K, so season ticket revenue doubling the wage bill with 9 weeks left to sell tickets is very promising.
- The high priced seats that seemed to generate the most outrage, are also generating the bulk of the revenue. The 23% sold battalion sections are bringing in 5 times the revenue of the 65% sold supporters section (although the supporters will make it up in beer, I'm sure)
- The main grandstand sections closest to the supporters section are selling much better than the south end sections closest to the supporters section, despite the bigger increase in season ticket price.
- There are lots of opportunities for matchday revenue growth. As opposed to a full stadium that can only grow matchday revenue by raising ticket prices, Cavalry can grow matchday revenue by getting more butts in the seats. Not trying to argue that they should keep prices as high as they are, just that there are growth opportunities with regards to matchday revenue.

The information is only as reliable as the counts in the Reddit thread. So, if Ticketmaster is incorrect in showing that a seat is sold, the revenue will be overstated (this is the most common argument being used to debunk the revenue figures right now). In addition to this, a number of sections are not represented in the Reddit thread, and the pricing does not factor in the 10% extra cost for the season tickets sold to the general public, so it's likely that both the season ticket count, and thus the season ticket revenue, are understated somewhat here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: