View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #8
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

2013 Draft Review

1ST ROUND: Right off the bat, the Hurricanes were put to the test as John Tavares and the 10th overall selection were almost departed... Heading into the 2013 Draft, Shinkaruk was the last person the ‘Canes were hoping fell to them at the 10th overall selection… actually the 2nd last, as we wanted Domi even less. Not too happy about this selection overall and pretty much took me out of the draft till the late rounds. In the end I went with the theory that if I think it’s a bad pick then it must be the right pick. When that logic becomes your guiding force one has to wonder

Picks

2014 Draft Review

DRAFTING: Every year it seems the ‘Canes take a different approach to the draft, this season was no different. With the success of the last couple years it really makes no sense to change but the difference this year is that the ‘Canes weren’t willing to sacrifice lineup to raise in the draft… so this draft was pretty much a old school draft. I didn’t approach this as a fantasy league and thus looking for solid fantasy assets, I tred to fill a hole… a hole created from previous projects that didn’t pan out that appear to exiting the ‘Canes. Guys like defender Bobby Sanguinetti who played through his ECHl contract and then his AHL deal. Guy’s I expect to be the filler in my prospect pool for a long time. Ya I know not the approach many will take, but when draft this low I’m not one for taking home run swings

1ST ROUND: The Hurricanes sat of the sidelines for the first round of the draft due to a failed attempt to make the playoffs. The eventually 16th overall pick was moved to the Columbus Blue Jackets for C Brooks Laich. It’s a deal now that’s tough to make with out getting the playoff kick like we were hoping, but hey I had to try. I was looking to move out of the 1st round and really needed a player to play 2nd line duties, now I’m left with a huge 6M contract wondering what to do
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: