View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #141
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
Waivers

Again, seems fair. Although I will admit I planned on doing this with a few players and even did it with Pirri earlier in the year to free up money so I could land someone else. There’s 0 reason I should have Pirri in the AHL though. I do bounce a few low level guys between NHL and AHL when I need to fill a spot and I think this rule will still allow me that, but guys who are over a certain rating are playable and should be played. Again, it stops people hiding talent in the AHL/ECHL while having a full talented roster as well. It will get more assets moving and allow rebuilding teams a few more options. It’s definitely a positive.
Just so you are clear what the rule is about, Pirriis perfectly ok and within the rules.

We have a waiver rule that states any player (23 and under) 64ov and over has to re-enter waivers if they are recalled to the CPHL. But this rule only applied for the season and not the offseason. So a team like me could send Tavares 76ov, Seguin 74ov and Ellis 63ov (still ok but if he's rerated to a 64) and sign these guy down at the farm which would save me 18M to use for FA. Once I bought players and made trades and used that vaue and acquired prospects so I freed up 18M on my CPHL team I would then call them up

When and if you sent Pirriis down to the minors to free up 2M is perfectly ok, as he's under the rating for which 23 under kids can. But star players like Tavares and Seguin should never and were only sent down to free up huge money to buy and was a huge loop hole that thankfully has been closed

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 03-20-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: