View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #216
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bennett is probably the best 4th liner in the league.

I don't know what you pay for that but I don't go above 2.5 on a 2 year deal and I press as hard as I can to not go north of 2 per.

If he values term I would be comfortable with 2x3 or 2.1x4.

The problem with calling Bennett an above average third liner is above average third liners play heavy special teams minutes OR their offense is significantly better and Bennett hasn't shown an ability to do that with much efficacy.

It is pretty rose coloured to suggest the only thing that matters in a frolik comparison is there relative even strength production per minute when the significant factor is their relative impact on the players they play with.

When that comparison is illustrated in numbers it is clear Bennett has an adverse effect on the roster the further up he plays compared to Frolik. He might still get his points, bit his linemates don't.

Hathaway - Janko - Bennett is a fourth line on a contender because they are all fourth liners. Bennett is definitely the best of the bunch, but that's where he is slotted for the team to find the most success.

I don't think there is any shame in being called a top 4th line player. Reeves just got paid handsomely as the reigning 4th line heavyweight champ.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote