View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #63
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ya I don't really get the hate for YYC either, maybe not the best organization wise but anybody who complains about YYC has clearly never been to YWG.

To me YYZ is a very large somewhat efficient facility. But there is absolutely nothing to do there. It is like a large empty space. For a major hub where pax are there for 4-5 hours with international connections, you would think they would give them something to do.

YUL is meh, better than YYZ. I'd say on par with YYC

CDG in Paris is a dump, lots of shady characters roaming around, and the organization is ######ed.

I have been to every Terminal at Heathrow and I would say that is an impressive airport. Terminal 5 (BA only) is a beautiful facility. Despite its massive size, I think it is one of the least complicated airports I have been to. There are plenty of shops and restaraunts. The only complaint I have is there are way too many high end shops. How many people buy expensive jewelery, designer handbags and clothing and perfume at an airport?

Rome is not too bad either, fairly simple. It is kind of a mix of dumpy CDG and Heatrow, but again way too many high end shops.

Terminal wise I would say YYC is pretty good. The upgrades are needed on the movement area side. The flow control in and out of there is ridiculous. A parallel runway will do wonders. A ridiculously long runway is a must at that altitude. Especially if they want to handle larger aircraft with ease. I remember when the A340 used to come into YYC. On a hot day that sucker would use every inch of runway. (A little more airplane related but that's another discussion)

Last edited by sa226; 04-16-2011 at 02:46 PM.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote