View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #15
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurnaceFace View Post
Paging 4x4. He lived there for a time.

Upvoting The Pantheon. Amazing building. Sort off off the beaten path, Ostia Antic:

You can rent bikes and cruise around ancient cobblestone roads that Roman legionaries used to ride chariots on as you go from ruin to ruin.
That was over 12 years ago, so my info is totally outdated, and my stories are "onion tied to a belt"-esque. I do, however, agree about the Pantheon. Probably my favourite building in the whole city. Some would say it's no big deal, but that roof stunned me every time I went in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Oh, and if you want an experience a lot of people don't do, and is exceptionally memorable...check out the "Museum and Crypt of the Capuchin Friars"
This is also really true. It takes 10 minutes, but you will remember it forever. Seriously. Beware, the 'open' times are really sparse. Like 11-2 M-F or something. Really easy to get to. In the basement of a non-descript church at Piazza Barbarini. Right near a few other things to see.

Inner Trastevere hole-in-the-wall restaurants with patios are awesome places to eat, as well as the Jewish Ghetto near Teatro Marcello.

You need 4-5 days to see enough of Rome, if not a year.

Oh, and previously mentioned Porta Portese is a pretty cool market, but be-f'ing-ware of pickpockets.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post: