View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #38
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavill is in a tough role as Superman is a really difficult character to make interesting so I give him a bit of a pass. Affleck and Gadot were pleasant surprises. If nothing else, I'm interested in seeing Gadot future DC movies.

The entire car chase for the Kryptonite felt silly. It's hard to take the scene too seriously with the physics oddities all over the place. Fair enough that I'm trying to apply physics to a movie with flying heroes and unchecked exploding wheelchairs.

The music accompanying Wonder Woman felt horribly out of place. And the slow motion shots in the same area of the film...well....I'll be happy if they move Snyder out of the Director's seat in the future. It's all gratuitous and only really works in certain movies. Certainly not this one.

The one action sequence that worked well was the actual Batman vs Superman up until they end the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
As for Watchmen, when was the last time any of you saw it?
A couple weeks ago. It's my favourite Snyder directed film. Though that's not a terribly high standard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I'm probably the only person here who liked Eisenberg's take on Lex lol.
I'm the second then. It's an interesting take on the character. Granted, it might not be because I'm not really attached to arrogant, intimidating genius Lex...as such, I don't mind the idea of a more crazy and awkward Lex with an actor clearly having a lot of fun with his own antics.

There are a lot of better choices (I know a lot of fans wanted Cranston for the role and I would bet he would turn in a great performance), but the rest of the movie (especially the dark tone they wanted) fell flat so Eisenberg's goofiness came off as interesting and a positive for the film.