View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #35
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Mostly. But a guy like Letestu would suck to be lost. If they could get rid of Pouliot for a pick that would be nice.

Mind you I heard this morning on the radio that Vegas is likely to only take 3 or 4 bad contracts and it will be an auction to whoever will pay the most. So who knows.
Even if you keep Letestu through the expansion draft, you're probably going to lose him when he's a UFA after next year when McDavid's new contract kicks in, especially if he keeps up this production.

I understand why you would want to move Pouliot instead of him, but Pouliot has 2 years remaining to Letestu's 1. Is it worth a draft pick to live with Pouliot one extra year? The only reason to do it is to have Pouliot's money available for McDavid's new deal, but I have a suspicion that 1 or 2 of the 6x6 club will be moved out before then anyways to make room.

Not saying it wouldn't happen, but the cost/benefit of moving Pouliot out isn't exactly a sure thing for the Oilers.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote