View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #23
Brad Marsh
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think a agree with those that would grade the off-season as a B. Plus its not over yet so still an opportunity for that grade to increase.

The Markstrom signing was really great for sure. Like Tanev but don't love the term or value of the contract. Pretty happy with the Mangiapane contract. And I like that there appears to be more opportunity for younger players to step up, especially on defense and probably on the 4th line.

Here's my biggest concern: coming into the off-season I would have ranked goaltending as my area of lowest concern, then bottom-six, then defence, and my area of greatest concern was top 6. It was the top 6 (and in particular our top 3) that I thought could use a shakeup or upgrade the most, and that such a shakeup or upgrade would have the biggest impact on team success. Unfortunately the team hasn't been able to addres that at all.

Edit: agree with those who liked the draft. That adds to the overall success. Also agree with those who lament the fact that the Flames have missed out (mostly because of cap issues) on some of the mid-tier value signings. Given that the Flames had more cap space than many teams heading into free agency, that feels like a bit of a disappointment.

Last edited by Brad Marsh; 10-18-2020 at 12:51 PM.
Brad Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote