Thread: Pokemon Go
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #42
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I'm not judging. I don't understand the concept. How do you "win"? Like is it basically like geocaching but in an urban environment?
At the risk of outing myself as a complete nerd:

It's based on the original style of the pokemon game, where you would run your character through a virtual "world" and encounter pokemon / events / etc. at random.

The goal of the game was to collect as many of the creatures as you could, and level them up.

Basically, now instead of running your character through a virtual world that is disconnected from the real world, the pokemon / events / locations / etc. are layered over the real world.

So I can be out for a walk with my kid to the park, and a rare creature could pop up on my phone for me to get. Or be having a beer on a patio on Stephen Ave., etc, etc...

And the creatures available by location change too.

My friend was just in LA and Phoenix, and has a ton of unique ones that you wouldn't be able to get in Calgary.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IliketoPuck For This Useful Post: