View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #36
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMcGeough View Post
Just got a pair of the Monster Beats By Dre Studios on a price match.

I never realized how crap-sounding most of my music collection is. I'm going to kill my bandwidth getting better rips of all my favorite stuff.

Easily the most comfortable headphones I've ever used. Not too heavy, not too tight, fits my ears perfectly.

Build quality does seem a bit sketchy for $350 headphones. The case is great but I'm scared of busting them every time I unfold them.

The mute feature is awesome, press a button on the right phone and it reverses the noise cancellation and mutes the audio. As far as I'm concerned every set of headphones should have this feature.

The noise cancellation is cool but doesn't cut out the outside world quite as completely as I'd expected. Most ambient noise is gone but I can hear myself typing pretty clearly. This is my first pair of NC phones though so I have nothing to compare it to yet.

I'm no audiophile but the sound is pretty incredible to me. I was expecting to have to reduce the bass so it didn't overpower the music but it's actually very balanced. I'd like to compare against some higher quality components to see just how good the sound reproduction really is. With these turned up it's near impossible not to be tapping your foot to the music, you really get hooked in.

Which is why it's sad I have to take them back. The sound leakage is completely unacceptable for me. I listen to music fairly loud but not cranked, and I've got co-workers sitting 10 ft away asking me to turn it down. Apparently not everyone appreciates Lateralus. Crazy, I know.

theonlywhiteout, you mentioned that you didn't get any sound leakage - do you have the Studios or the Solos?
I have studios. I can't believe someone 10 feet away is hearing them, that's insane. My coworkers are always asking to use them when they're doing work that allows them to use headphones and I can't hear them when they're 2 feet away. Strange stuff
theonlywhiteout is offline   Reply With Quote