View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 10:22 AM   #3198
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I know the answer to this but want to vet it by some of the folks here....
  • Last night I playing FF7 Remake
  • Noticed a bunch of slowdowns and audio hiccups - just assumed it was the nature of the port and thought nothing of it
  • During a cut scene my computer just shut off
  • I thought it might be a power outage because of the wind but other devices were working fine
  • Turned the computer back on and wait for the boot up
  • Got into Windows and things were very choppy and slow to load
  • PC shutdown again for no reason
  • Turned it back on and loaded up HWMonitor and Task Manager
  • Task Manager showed the CPU (5800X3D) was running at 1.0 - 1.2 GHz and HWMonitor said that the temperatures were hovering at 90 degrees and this was just idle
  • Tried to load Steam and open a browser and temperatures stayed around 90 degrees but CPU speed dropped down to 0.86 GHz
  • Ran the AIO Cooler (Arctic Freezer II 360) fan at 100% but it didn't drop the temperatures at all
  • After about 10 minutes the CPU temperature jumped up to 3.2 GHz and the temperature (core) went to 100 degrees
  • Opened the case and felt the AIO hoses and one was hot and the other was cold (which I assume is correct)
So based on that, I'm guessing the AIO pump or something related has failed? I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I should be at around 45-50 degrees at moderate load with an AIO and not at 90-100 degrees. Safe to say it's time to RMA or buy a new one?
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post: