View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 08:58 PM   #48
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
...but more importantly, which I forgot to say:

There is no question there are now two timelines/multiverses in the MCU after Endgame.

One in which the movies happened, and another where Thanos just disappeared along with all his minions right when the events of GoTG1 were supposed to happen, and so there's no GotG1 (and thus likely the Guardians never team up), there's no Infinity War or Endgame, Vision is still alive, Tony Stark is alive, Groot never died, Thanos doesn't kill Loki and half the Asgardians, Ego never finds Peter which means Yondu is still alive, Black Widow is still alive...

I guess they could just handwave that with "don't think about it", but I don't see why they would do that when they're going to play with the multiverses idea anyway, and a relatively major character in the MCU (Gamorra) is already from a different timeline and her being from a different plotline is already extremely plot relevant when it comes to her relationship with Starlord.

The whole point of the TVA is to stop multiverses from happening, and during Endgame the Avengers/Thanos clearly and unambiguously create two extremely different timelines, although unintentionally on the Avengers part.

You gotta address that.
Personally, I believe Tony's special wish upon a snapping star, is that the Thanosian army return to 2014 unaware of the events of endgame. This ties up the loose ends excluding Gamora, which I'll ignore for narrative/marketing/casting purposes.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: