View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
i got this app today, seems great, killed my battery keeping my phone on everywhere i was going today but I think i'll have fun with it tomorrow when i'm driving my own car around.
As with most apps that uses the GPS quite a bit the battery is going to be drained more quickly. Like Russic, I plug mine in when I'm driving around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
As the iPhone doesn't support the ability to have an app run in the background you must have it open to accumulate troops. This actually made for some interesting strategy in the beta. Because territories that are actively being worked outline in red, you can see your friends migrating towards territories of your own. Nothing like a quick phone call to disrupt their game. It's a dick move, but one I stand by.
And a new reason not to give you my phone number.

Also, for those of you without an iPhone and those who have the game but want to easily check out other cities in the world, you can go to http://www.ownthisworld.com/ to look at a larger map.

The site is very much a work in progress as we're not really sure what we want to do with it yet in terms of functionality but it will give you an idea of how people are moving around our city.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote