View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #779
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Between Apex and Anthem there has actually been a lot to do on Origin this weekend.

I'm not sure how awful Anthem's beta was, but the pre-launch Access version is pretty fun, and intensely well optimized.

Seems like it would be a Borderlands-style blast to play with 3 other people too.
It was real awful. In fact, I'd argue they'd have been better off not releasing a "demo" at all. I played the demo on my laptop and despite it exceeding the specs the game ran like butts and I encountered numerous issues (like infinite loading bugs) that forced me to give up playing the game entirely after one mission.

Having said that, a friend of mine gifted me an Origin Access trial and I've played a bunch on my actual desktop. It's not a fair comparison since the specs are so different but it's running fairly well. I have read that a bunch of people are still running into crashes and infinite loading bugs.

I still think the game is terrible. It's not overly engaging and all the powers you have fall flat for me since the enemies are essentially cardboard stands waiting to be shot. I played with a couple friends as well and we all thought the game was super easy on the hardest difficulty. I don't like the fact that you have to reach level 30 to get a challenge. However, the AI is dumb as a post and all the post 30 difficulty options are simply going to add more HP and damage.

I would highly suggest people wait for them to patch this game and see where it ends up in a year's time.

In contrast, the Division 2 beta I played a week ago was a lot more fun. I am not sure I'll get it but the game felt more alive. Enemies yell things at you and to each other. Even on the easiest difficulty they take cover and try to flank/push you.

If I were looking for one of these games I'd probably go with the Division... or I'd go back to Destiny 2.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote