View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #55
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported_Aussie View Post
Some of those games might be fun for the nostalgia kick, but I don't know whether there is enough there that would keep me coming back with all the newer games out there.
If someone bought it for me, I would definitely play it, but already owning a PS4 and a PC with combined more games than I can ever play, I feel once the novelty wore off it would be untouched.

That being said, it would be fun to play the bolded games again. I sunk waaaaaaaay too many hours into Tekken 3 back in the day!
Games from that era I would love to play again:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (1,2,3) (stupid music licences, Activision losing Tony Hawk's rights, etc. killing that dream)
Silent Hill
Ape Escape (only opting to include basic controller killed that possibility)
Driver (though now I would probably find it way too hard)

Other games have either remasters or newer versions (which when you strip away the nostalgia, the newer ones are way better) which means even if they were on this, I would have other options
Crash, Spyro and upcoming Medievil remasters
Colin McRae Rally (vs Dirt Rally)
Gran Turismo (vs GT Sport, just nostalgia for old tracks)
Wipeout 3, XL (vs Wipeout Omega, similar experience, different tracks)
That's kind of the same thing I've found with the NES and SNES mini. Once the novelty of it wore off, it kind of just sits on my shelf. I'm more buying them as a collector thing. It's still fun to play once in awhile when you have a few buddies over for nostalgia purposes though.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote