View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #22
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

In the past year I've had both Shaw and Telus for home internet. Shaw had offered us a free year with our new home, so we went with them.

The biggest plus with Shaw was the Shaw Go hotspots. Telus has hotspots as well, but not the way Shaw does. I believe Shaw offers a discount to business internet customers to add the hotspots, which means there are just more of them.

Now we did go from Shaw 30 to Telus 50- however we used to have occasional speed drops in the evening with Shaw. My son would be watching Netflix and my wife watching her IPTV, and I'd only have 1 MBPS of speed on the PC. With Telus we haven't seen that happen.

Shaw's customer service was brutal when we were leaving them. Claiming we owed them money on the equipment we had been renting- that we had somehow agreed to purchase. They couldn't find the purchase agreement, but wanted us to pay anyway. That being said, I've heard Telus horror stories as well.

Really, there isn't that much of a difference between the two. That is why we can only point out the subtle differences.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote