View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #41
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
As an old school gamer who's never downloaded a full console game digitally, how does it work? If I download a single player game off PSN or Live, does it require me to "call in" once in awhile to verify I have a legit copy? That's basically the one big thing that's sticking in my craw for the Xbox One. I don't ever buy used games, and having thought about it these past couple of days, I don't even mind that much that I can't lend my game to a buddy. But the fact that my library of games can potentially be rendered useless in 20 years when no one plays the game anymore and I can't get the other side to "verify" my legit copy of the game is what's really turning me off to the Xbox One.

I honestly don't mind that we're going fully digital if that's how the trend is. What I want is guarantees that my offline games will always work till the day I die and beyond.
There is always a possibility that you will lose access. Even with Steam, it wasn't until after 5 years of haranguing that you could have proper offline access for most games, and even then, if you don't have a physical copy and your HDD become corrupt, once the Steam servers go down (if ever), you will no longer be able to play that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote