View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #40
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Agreed - but the point I was going with in my post was to highlight that it is a long season, and even the best of goalies (Rinne), have stretches where they appear mortal.

Rittich hasn't been as strong the last few games, no question. But, again, the team in front of him hasn't exactly been playing the most effective defense. They've limited teams on volume of shots, but when the shots do come they are typically very dangerous.
It's a bit worse than that.

The 15th best starter has a .914 save percentage. Rittich hasn't been at that level in any of his last three five game segments which totals half of his season.

Some silver linings for me though ...

1) If you told me Smith would be brutal this year I would have gladly taken Rittich at a middling goaltender as a stater (where he's trending)
2) Rittich has some interesting splits ... great at even strength but not when down a man which suggests to me the Flames have a systemic PK issue possibly.

Out of 42 goalies that have faced 100 minutes shorthanded Calgary has the 31st and 38th ranked goaltenders in terms of save percentage.

Rittich has the fourth worst dSV% shorthanded of the 42.

Why?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: