View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I enjoyed Mission Impossible. Simple enough plot, entertaining action scenes, nothing about the action or plot seemed too over the top or stupid. It was nice to watch a movie where the action sequences weren't completely reliant on CGI the whole time, or didn't seem like they were. It also avoids the two worst developments in action movies in the last 25 years, shaky cam and constant erratic edits/cuts. It made the car/bike chase scenes feel real. We actually got to see these wide sweeping angles and then close up cams without the camera cutting away every split second to mask how fake the action was. It felt like you were really watching a car chase.

However a special thumbs down to the two annoying people in the theatre. Guy next to me spent the whole movie heavily breathing, like really heavy, at one point I was actually worried he had a respirator going or something. And the insane lady who chuckled, not a full belly laugh, more like a giggle, every 5 minutes the whole movie. It was the weirdest thing ever. And it wasn't random, she wasn't high or talking to her friends. She was laughing at the movie, but not at the funny parts. There are some minor laughs in the movie but she'd chuckle at everything. "Ethan, the bomb is going to explode in 3 minutes and they've killed Joe" (followed by 10 seconds of chuckling). I wanted to punch her real bad. Thankfully the movie was loud enough it only ruined the quiet parts.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote