View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #1033
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Had no idea what this was until I started seeing videos about it. Seems like it's just a new term for work-to-rule.

Our company is pretty big on encouraging a good work/life balance and made an effort to encourage people to log off at the end of the day since working working from home makes it easier to work late or reply to emails all the time.
Agreed. But when I think work to rule I think of unions (not meant to be a negative connotation) and working exactly to the letter of the contract. Now it seems as though salaried employees are also beginning to do the same if quiet quitting is a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I work for one of the large O&G companies and there is a small portion of people who have not come back to the office at all, and a larger portion who work less than the mandated 3 days a week in the office.

It's a big enough issue that HR is trying to figure out what to do.

There's also a sense of O&G just not being the industry it once was, so people have left the industry all together, more than I've ever seen in my time here.

One last point, when I joined the company 10 years ago, employees at that time seemed to be a lot more loyal to the company than today. Where as now, there's a culture shift and employees are making changes that suit their lifestyle and values. Whether that's exiting the work force, or going to a competitor, there's a definitive impact across the board.
The energy industry (all sectors) has nobody to blame but themselves for this. They have repeatedly demonstrated zero loyalty to their employees, chopping jobs by the thousands when times are tough.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post: