View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 09:51 AM   #63
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Interesting thread. Getting powerful defending George Zimmerman vibes. It’s curious to see how the letter of the law and common sense don’t intersect.

To me as a simple man I would think if you show up with an AR15 looking for trouble, find said trouble, and then two people end up dead and another injured, why should you be absolved from the repercussions?
This.

If Rittenhouse shows up to that protest sans AR15 then the need to defend himself probably never arises.

He himself created the circumstances in which he would be required to defend himself by creating the escalation that led to the events.

If you wander into an open crowd with a gun, and I'm talking a rifle strapped to your chest in open view, you're going to create some problems that never existed in the first place.

I know its America and guns are more commonplace, but wandering through a protest with a rifle is going to scare some people into actions they likely otherwise wouldnt take.

If he'd just been some unarmed guy, he'd just have been another face in the crowd. Nobody told him to wander through a protest with a gun.

American or otherwise, guns scare people. Add that to an already high-tension situation and you're just lighting the match.

He is absolutely the author of these circumstances through his own actions.

But of what I've seen, this Judge appears to have a desire to see him exonerated.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: