View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #161
JohnnyTitan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The more I think about it...the less the Cap Floor is even a consideration (going to be easy to hit).

The real impediment is...cutting the roster down to 22 in October!

They need to select 30 players and can only roster 22 by the start of the season. So what to do with the other eight?

They will for sure flip a couple for picks...but even if they are able to ultimate wheel-and-deal 5 for picks that still leaves them 3 players that need to be waiver in-eligible but (for their sake) really good players. Those are kinda their unicorns -> good players whom are not exempt (under 2 years of pro experience) but yet have not played the minimum requiring waivers. Last year I think the Flames had Poirier and Shinkaruk and Wotherspoon and Kulak but this year whom do we have? Klimchuk maybe? I keep hearing if they take Shinkaruk or Wotherspoon or Kulak that they'd be waiver eligible.

I don't know enough about the other teams in the league...but I'm thinking Vegas needs three or four of these players and they're going to be hard to find. I fully expect that at least a couple of "No Brainers" will NOT be taken by Vegas because instead they spend their expansion pick on a player who holds great upside but they can bury in the AHL for a year. Anyone smart enough to produce a short list of these guys?
JohnnyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote