View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 04:45 AM   #204
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't imagine Vegas selecting Kulak. If he is selected, Vegas will have to keep him up in the NHL, and judging by the available D available in this draft, I wouldn't be so sure about it. They could try and sneak him down through waivers, but he may get picked off by a team that has had an injury during preseason, not to mention Calgary might just pick him back up (depending on who else they acquire between now and the start of the season). I do think he is the best asset available, but lucky for Calgary there are better assets available that push him out from the top 6 (or maybe even top 8 for that matter, if Vegas chooses to carry 8 defencemen).

Shinkaruk seems like the most likely prospect to get picked-off as there may be a reasonable chance he finds a spot somewhere in the top 9. I still think it will end up being Stajan, as he does provide some leadership and ability to shelter other players, while providing Vegas with a tradeable asset at the deadline (expiring contract, and one that sees him making less real dollars than his cap hit).

Brouwer is a hope, but is not THAT far-fetched. I guess it all depends on how much McPhee likes him. I wouldn't put money on him though.

Prospects that don't require waivers should probably be high on Vegas' draft list. Jets, Flyers, Arizona, and even Calgary still after the Smith deal could potentially be looking at goalies, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of these teams are working on making a deal with Vegas to acquire some of the available young goalies.

Vegas is going to be pretty decent right off the bat, and with a lot of bullets in the next 2 drafts I would say. They could end up in the playoffs in just a few seasons if they make the most out of their picks.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote