View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #109
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's what I whipped up taking into account most of the rumors I've heard so far. I don't quite know if the selections will be legal under the cap but once the spare parts are traded away, the team is cap compliant.

Cammalleri-Shipachyov-Radulov
Perron-Staal-Neal
Grigorenko-Karlsson-Stempniak
Dano-Burmistrov-Grabner
Weal, Brouwer (can't even make an expansion team's starting 12, sigh)

Kerby Rychel and Anton Rodin taken with intention of sending to minors
Jared Boll taken on condition to not take Vatanen/Manson in exchange for Sam Steel, Boll then sent to minors

Methot-Demers
CDH-TVR
Schlemko-C. Miller
Sustr

McNabb and Kulikov taken with intent to be traded for waiver eligible prospects (Logan Stanley could be a good target since the Jets need LD in the worst way)
CDH taken on condition to not touch NYI forwards in exchange for undetermined package
Reinhart taken with intention of sending to minors

Fleury
Lehtonen (taken in a trade that involves a swap of 6 and 3)

Grubauer and Mrazek taken with intention to trade (Grubauer could be included in the 3/6 pick swap deal, Mrazek likely to Arizona for a good prospect (Christian Fischer?))

The starting 23 comes in at $73.775M which is just under the cap, and it could be even less if they decide against taking Brouwer or can't figure out the 3/6 pick swap and keep Grubauer instead of the $6M Lehtonen.

I believe that (if this is legal) this team could seriously go deep in the playoffs as soon as this year, and if they draft well enough, they could be sustainably good as well.

Prospects would include:
Steel
Stanley
Fischer
Rodin
#3OA
likely some other firsts (CBJ and NYI likely)
#34OA
and the remainder of their picks