View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 03:27 PM   #56
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
It might not be Brouwer but I see them taking Brouwer, Bouma, Stajan, or Shikaruk over Kulak 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
I still will predict it is Brouwer or Hunter.
I don't see Kulak as a compelling selection for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
If Vegas takes Kulak it will be the worst pick of the expansion draft. They could pick Browser, retain salary and trade him for a better return then Kulak.
I've been watching/listening to media over the last week, and there are quite a few media folks who believe Vegas will take Kulak over Brouwer, if we're not able to make picking Brouwer worthwhile for them.

Even a super-quick Google News search for "Brett Kulak" shows these articles as the first two responses that come up:

Quote:
Brett Kulak is probably the most appealing player the Flames will expose in the expansion draft. He is only 23, has put up good possession stats in 30 games of NHL experience and is a top-pairing defender in the AHL. Just coming off his entry-level contract, he will not cost very much to sign and he definitely has a lot of upside to be an every day NHL player.

http://www.matchsticksandgasoline.co...golden-knights
Quote:
If Vegas goes the route of selecting a prospect from the Flames, Brett Kulak is the guy. Kulak was unable to crack Calgary’s main roster in a full-time role and split time between the NHL and the minors. At just 23-years-old, he scored 10 points in 22 games with Stockton of the AHL and had an impressive plus-7 rating on a fairly mediocre team.

http://thehockeywriters.com/who-coul...lose-to-vegas/
The trick is not to look at Kulak or the Flames' protected list in a vacuum. When put in context of what will likely be other team's lists, and the draft strategies being suggested, Brett Kulak is very much in the wheelhouse of what Vegas will be looking at from us. (Again, this is barring any deal we make to get them to take Brouwer instead.)

Last edited by FanIn80; 05-31-2017 at 03:32 PM.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post: