View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 03:36 PM   #835
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So Max had a nice little rebuttal to Hamilton's dig on him last week. For reference, Hamilton made the below comment in an ESPN interview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis
"Charles did a great job, what a great battle. He is a very sensible driver, clearly a lot different to what I experienced last year," Hamilton told Sky Sports after the race.

"At Copse for example, the two of us went through there with no problem. What a battle. Really, really amazing weekend."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
The 24-year-old, who feels Hamilton's failure to take a tight enough line through the corner was the reason for the crash, joked: "I think it's great that, when you're 37 years old, at some point you understand how to get to an apex.

"He does learn, so that's positive for the younger drivers: when you're 37 you still are always learning!

"You can clearly see it in the images, of course. Charles gave him less space than I did last year, so that says enough. Moreover, he received a penalty last year, so you should not talk about that."

Asked if it was smart for Hamilton to make such a dig, given the huge Dutch crowd that will travel to Austria this weekend, he continued: "He has to live with it himself.

"I think it's a bit clumsy but, in the end, it has nothing to do with my performance. I have to focus on what we're doing here. I think we're doing quite well this year, so we'll keep working on that."
Point - Verstappen.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woob For This Useful Post: