View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #23
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Firings were going to happen either right away once the season was finished, or after their internal review process.

I, for one, am glad that the Flames do a review process and get all their ducks in a line. I am disappointed in this season (and honestly, don't have much in the way of optimism that this team is going to start contending in the seasons to come), but I don't need a pound of flesh to appease me.

Do your review process. Fire who you think are either not helping this organization move forward, or who you don't think are able to help move this forward. Keep the personnel that you think can. Change for the sake of change is short-sighted and doesn't promote a winning atmosphere either.

Though it wouldn't exactly be a knee-jerk reaction to fire Treliving, I do appreciate that the Flames are not a team that is in the habit of making knee jerk reactions. I am glad that they undergo a review process. There is no rush right now anyway. Playoffs are still happening, and most teams will want to listen to offers from every team, as you don't know who will always become available until all the teams are out - either from a roster perspective or a front-office/coaching perspective.

As for the Avs' scout - scouting isn't an issue on the Flames (in fact, I consider it to be their biggest strength), but if the budget allows, I would be all for hiring him. However, I would probably think he is going to want something more senior. How many diamonds in the rough have the Avs found in the later rounds? Good job on drafting the higher picks that they have recently, as they were not all 'givens', but I don't know his history enough to feel he is an upgrade over Button. No point in changing that up when it seems to be working well here. As an add? 100% on-board with bringing him into Calgary. As a replacement? Not so sure about it.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote