View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 12:33 AM   #46
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
When I was probably 6 or 7 we went to my dad’s corporate Christmas party at the Blackfoot Inn. I remember it was raining.

On the way home, my dad got out to fill gas and asked my mom to go in and get him a pack of cigarettes. She went in, he filled the gas, and hopped back in the car and drove off with my sister and I in the back seat.

After a few minutes I asked, “Where’s mom?”

Still pretty sure it wasn’t by accident.

I'm from Lethbridge and this story is from back in '97 when I was dating my wife for only a few months.

We had planned to meet at her place at a certain time and I arrived maybe 10 minutes before her mom got home. Her mom put stuff away, wandered around the house for a bit and came and asked my then girlfriend "where' s Dad?". My gf said "I thought he went with you to the mall". "No." She looked around for a bit and then decided she had to make supper and got to work on that. About an hour later, again my future mother in law asked "have you seen dad yet?" but nobody had seen him. It was about a minute later when he walked in the front door. Oh, did he look mad! All he said was "Did you forget something?"

The DID go to the mall together and they separated to go look in different stores. She bought what she wanted, forgot they were at the mall together and she went home. It took him a while of wandering the mall to realize she left without him and he decided to walk home. The mall was on the south side and they lived on the west side. He had to walk across the coulee to get home!

So it isn't just kids that people forget!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post: